Friday, November 14, 2008

tagged

I've been "tagged" by Pr. Benjamin Harju, to find the nearest book, turn to page 123, count the first five sentences and then post the following three sentences. Here goes! from Applebee's AMERICA: "Pastor Robert Lewis of Fellowship Bible Church in Little Rock, Arkansas, thinks his big church is getting small. 'I looked up one day and realized I'm like the driver in that little car in Jurassic Park because I feel I'm about to be eaten up by change in the church,' he said. Lewis, a member of the Leadership Network board, is one of a growing number of big church leaders who believe the public is starting to demand a shift in focus -- away from pastors and big glitzy stage shows and back to community-based churching."
Who would have thought?! The day of the small local congregation gathered around Word and Sacrament has not vanished from the face of the earth:)

No comments: