Thursday, December 3, 2009

real peace

The theme of our first mid-week Advent service was REAL PEACE:

Redeemer
Everyone
Always
Liberty

"I hope that God will supply everything and I feel a confidence in his divine Providence which keeps me above all troubles. So I remain calm and in peace in the midst of a thousand worries and complications in which I should have expected, naturally speaking, to be overwhelmed...Let us accept everything from the hand of our good Father, and he will keep us in peace in the midst of all the greatest disasters of this world, the fashion of which passes away in a flash. Our life will be holy and tranquil in proportion as we trust in God and abandon ourselves to him. Without that self-abandonment, there is no solid virtue, no sure repose."
(Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade)

No comments: