Monday, March 14, 2011

no more evasion

+ First Sunday in Lent +
March 13, 2011
"...and I ate." Genesis 3:13
Do you agree with the saying, Confession is good for the soul?
A full and free confession, only possible by God’s grace, truly restores the soul and brings us the joy of full and free remission of our sins.
1. Adam: The woman you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.
a. The very best marriage in the world!
b. The ones closest to us can push us away from godly path; e.g., Peter not getting the necessity of the Passion.
2. Eve: The serpent deceived me, and I ate.
a. The fast from sin was broken by believing a lie; the autonomous individual.
b. Recognizing the deception is the first step to healing and freedom. The cross strips away all deception.

No comments: